GDPR: Information for clients
The new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) came into force on 25 May 2018. RecruitAbility takes data protection very seriously and has taken steps to ensure that we comply with the law fully.
We process candidate and client data on the following lawful bases:
- Consent – we get the explicit consent of candidates to process their data for the purposes of job-hunting
- Contractual obligation – we process candidate and client data for the purposes of carrying our contractual obligations to our clients
- Legitimate interest – we balance our legitimate business interests against the rights and freedoms of our candidates and clients
RecruitAbility takes the following steps to protect both our candidates and our clients:
- We meet all our candidates before sending them to any clients
- We discuss data protection with our candidates when we first meet them, explaining the bases under which we process their data
- We get explicit consent from our candidates to share their data with clients
- We remove identifying details from candidate CVs before sending to clients
- We store all data safely and securely
- We do not share data with third parties, other than with trusted third parties such as our database supplier and skills test provider. All third parties are fully GDPR compliant.
If you would like more information about GDPR and how RecruitAbility processes data please contact us on email@example.com or on 01279 758855.