GDPR: Information for candidates
The new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) came into force on 25 May 2018. RecruitAbility takes data protection very seriously and has taken steps to ensure that we comply with the law fully.
We process candidate and client data on the following lawful bases:
- Consent – we get your explicit consent to process your data for the purposes of job-hunting
- Contractual obligation – we process candidate and client data for the purposes of carrying our contractual obligations to our clients
- Legitimate interest – we balance our legitimate business interests against the rights and freedoms of our candidates and clients
RecruitAbility takes the following steps to protect both our candidates and our clients:
- We will always meet you before sending you to any client interviews
- We discuss data protection with you at our first meeting where we will explain the bases under which we process your data
- We get your explicit consent to share your data with clients for the purposes of recruitment
- We remove identifying details from your CVs before sending to clients
- We store all data safely and securely
- We do not share data with third parties, other than with trusted third parties such as our database supplier and skills test provider. All third parties are fully GDPR compliant.
If you would like more information about GDPR and how RecruitAbility processes data please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01279 758855.