Job Title: Workshop Technician – Air Pollution Equipment
Location: Near Bishop’s Stortford, Herts
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000 based on experience
My client is looking for an electro-mechanical technician to their team based near Bishops Stortford, helping with the manufacture and assembly of air pollution monitoring equipment. If you’re looking for a progressive career, where you can learn a range of skills on the job (from electronics, test and measurement through to mechanical assembly) in a super friendly environment then this could be a great role for you.
The Role of Workshop Technician:
- You will play a crucial role in their growing team, mainly responsible for:
- Assembly of electro-mechanical assemblies from drawings
- Testing / commissioning of electro-mechanical assemblies using custom in-house test suites
- Assembly and test of complete air pollution systems
- Management of stock and the workshop area
To be successful for the role of Workshop Technician:
- Using of measurement equipment (eg calipers)
- Soldering skills
- Cable assembly skills (use of crimp tools, wire cutters and associated hand tools)
- Using test equipment such as bench power supplies, multi-meters, oscilloscopes
- Keeping a lab stocked with components and tools, and keeping lab tidy
- Management / maintenance of test and measurement equipment
- You will need to have (or be working towards) a relevant NVQ / BTEC qualification, at least 5 GCSEs at greater than C grade. Good written English is essential, as is the ability to use Microsoft Office suite tools, including Excel.
The package for the role of Workshop Technician:
£18,000 to £20,000 dependent upon experience and a great benefits package (including pension scheme & private healthcare). On top of that, you’ll be joining a family friendly company with a culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork.
To apply, please follow the onscreen instructions quoting reference RA12145 and explain why the role appeals to you and your required salary.