Job Title: Trainee Electronic Engineer/Technician
Location: Near Bishop’s Stortford, Herts
Salary: c. £18,000 based on experience /qualifications
My client is a rapidly expanding environmental engineering company and they are looking for a practical pro-active person to join their team who is technically minded and keen to learn new skills.
They provide technical services throughout the UK and manufacture air quality equipment for customers worldwide from their workshop based near Bishop’s Stortford
The Role of Trainee Electronic Engineer/Technician:
My client is looking for an electro-mechanical technician to join their team helping with the manufacture and assembly of air pollution monitoring equipment. If you’re looking for a progressive career where you can learn a range of skills on the job (from electronics, test and measurement through to mechanical assembly) in a super friendly environment then this could be a great role for you.
You will be responsible for:
- Assembly of electro-mechanical assemblies from drawings
- Testing/commissioning of electro-mechanical assemblies using custom in-house test suites
- Assembly and test of complete air pollution systems
- Management of stock and the workshop area
To be successful for the role of Trainee Electronic Engineer/Technician:
We are looking for a careful, detail-focused person with a passion for electronics. Practical experience in electronic assembly or testing is preferable but not essential. More importantly, you should have a strong work ethic and take great pride in your work as accuracy is imperative. We’d also like you to have the following:
- A can-do attitude, willing to help out wherever needed
- The ability to keep accurate records, eg serial numbers, test reports etc
Ideally, you’ll also have experience in some or all of the below:
- Using measurement equipment (eg calipers)
- Soldering skills
- Cable assembly skills (use of crimp tools, wire cutters and associated hand tools)
- Using test equipment such as bench power supplies, multi-meters, oscilloscopes
- Keeping a lab stocked with components and tools and keeping a lab tidy
- Management/maintenance of test and measurement equipment
- You will need to have (or be working towards) a relevant NVQ/BTEC qualification, at least 5 GCSEs at greater than C grade. Good written English is essential as is the ability to use MS Office suite tools including Excel.
- Having a driving licence and your own transport is preferable due to the rural location of the business
The package for the role of (Trainee) Electronic Engineer/Technician:
c. £18,000 based on experience/qualifications
As well as a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension and private healthcare) my client is offering the opportunity to join a family friendly company with a culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork.
To apply, please follow the onscreen instructions quoting reference RA12417 and explain why the role appeals to you and your required salary.