Job Title: Temporary Tourism Development Manager
Location: Hertford, Herts
Salary: £13.09 to £16.26/hour (£23,000 to £29,000 Perm equivalent) Dependent upon experience
Term: Temporary Full Time 34.5 hour working week
RecruitAbility has a fantastic opportunity for Tourism Development Manager to develop and facilitate the growth of tourism in the local area.
The role of Tourism Development Manager
Working with local businesses and organisations, you will be responsible for facilitating growth in the tourism sector to increase the visitors and ultimately tourism income for the local area. You will be liaising with local businesses, organisations and the community to develop new products, activities and attractions in Hertford and also build on existing initiatives and campaigns.
You will be involved in shows, events, exhibitions and functions and also in creating online newsletters and posting on various social media accounts and their website.
There will also be admin duties such as updating spreadsheets and ordering stuck so you must be tech savvy. This is a non-public facing role but you must be willing to step in when necessary and be comfortable working on a B2C as well as a B2B basis as well as managing one member of staff but also teams of volunteers.
To be considered for the role of Tourism Development Manager
We are not necessarily looking for someone with a tourism background but your transferable skills should include marketing, event planning, project management and people management.
- You must be a very motivated individual
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- A background in marketing/events and project management is highly desirable
- Extremely well organised
- Assertive and influential personality
- Creative with the ability to communicate your ideas
- Good negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the local area is key
- Passionate about improving the local area is also essential
- Good people management skills
- Tech savvy
- Any social media and website experience is highly desirable
- Ability to build rapport and long-term relationships with local organisations and the community
The package for the role of Tourism Development Manager
- £13.09-£16.26/hour (perm equivalent: £23,000 to £29,000) Dependent upon experience + Holiday Pay + Pension
- Hours/Days: 34.5 working week: Tuesday to Friday 9am to 5pm and 9.30am to 5pm on Saturdays
- Free Parking
Please apply online quoting reference 13135
This vacancy is being advertised by RecruitAbility Ltd. The services advertised by RecruitAbility Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.