Job Title: Payroll Officer (1-year contract)
Location: Bishops Stortford
Salary: £23,366 – £26,476
RecruitAbility’s client are looking for an experienced Payroll Officer to assist the Payroll Manager, for 1 year, during their implementation of a new payroll system.
The role of Payroll Officer:
To take responsibility for the preparation, production of payrolls and related reports in accordance with contracts of employment.
- Following the organisations policies and procedures in the production of payrolls and reports for all monthly paid employees.
- Follow legislation in relation to all PAYE income tax, NI, SSP and SMP and all other statutory deductions and adjustments.
- Manage a relationship with HR concerning the implementation of all changes to policies, procedures, pay scales and grading etc.
- Manage and train Heads of Department and others authorised to approve payroll information so they are kept up to date with the organisations payroll policies and procedures – including sickness returns, timesheets, starters & leavers.
- Acting on correctly authorised information received for starters leavers and all other pay adjustments including P45’s, P36s and bank details
- Responsibility for monthly submission of RTI and helping with end of year procedures for all payrolls
- Keeping up to date records regarding sick pay, SSP and SMP, SPP and court orders
- Implementing data regarding annual pay awards and salary increments and calculation of payments and deductions from salary
- Calculations payments of annual leave increment for staff who work variable hours.
- Preparation of the reports of the monthly calculation of Tax and NI for payment to HMRC by the due dates
- Management reporting on staff payroll
- Account for all cash and cheque receipts
- Managing petty cash and imprest account reimbursement
- Support the Payroll Manager on month end reconciliations and postings.
Experience required for this role:
- Substantial experience in a payroll position
- Confidentiality and professional attitude
- Previous experience of working with various shift patterns/contracts of employment
The package for this role:
- 1-year contract
- Salary £23 – 26K
- Holiday pay
- On site parking
Please apply on line quoting reference RA12995 or call Kelly on 07833 545 542. This vacancy is being advertised by RecruitAbility Ltd. The services advertised by RecruitAbility Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.