Job Title: Management Accountant
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 pa (depending upon experience)
Location: Bishop’s Stortford
Term: Full time. Permanent
My client is looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join their hugely successful business based on the outskirts of Bishop’s Stortford.
This is an exciting opportunity for a CIMA or ACCA qualified (or part qualified) Management Accountant to join this growing company and assist the Financial Director. The Management Accountant will prepare, develop and analyse financial information to allow the organisation to make well-informed decisions to ensure stability, profitability and growth.
The overall aim for the Management Accountant is to improve value in all areas of the organisation by managing and reducing operational and production costs and implementing the most effective strategies.
The role of Management Accountant
- Produce financial statements including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries
- Produce annual statutory accounts in management accounts format
- Preparation of information for annual accounts packs
- Provide management reporting for decision-making, including project appraisal, evaluation and post-implementation analysis
- Routine reporting to investors/banks/lenders
- Report on company assets and liabilities
- Ongoing review of cash flow and production of forecasts, including monitoring loan repayments and updating interest schedules
- Assist with analysis of revenue and income, highlight any significant trends or concerns
- Preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecasting for Business Centres, in conjunction with the Sales Manager and Operations Manager
- Monitoring and reporting expenditure on major projects
- Reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Journal entries
- Prepare and submit VAT returns
- Monthly payroll
- Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
To be considered for the role of Management Accountant
- Must be CIMA or ACCA qualified / part qualified
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
- Computer literate, with intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Experience of producing management accounts
- Familiarity with Xero would be preferred
- Analytical & accurate
- Experience of writing and presenting reports/proposals to management
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
The package for the role of Management Accountant
Basic salary: £45,000 - £55,000 pa depending upon experience
Hours: Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week
If you are interested in this role, please apply on line quoting reference RA12648 or call Adrienne Coleman for more information.
** Please ensure your email address is within the body of your CV **
This vacancy is being advertised by RecruitAbility Solutions Ltd. The services advertised by RecruitAbility Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.