Job Title: HR Officer (Maternity Cover for 12 months)
Location: Bishop's Stortford
Term: Full Time, 12 month contract
Responsibilities & Duties
- Managing and advising on all employee relations cases and processes, including the writing of relevant letters.
- Providing employees with any HR related advice as per their query.
- Advising and managing all Maternity and Paternity cases, including the writing of letters.
- Managing and maintaining the Store Management holidays and Days in Lieu
- Managing and monitoring all LTS cases and writing relevant letters to the Doctors or OH as and when required
- Completing exit interviews for all Management employees
- Overseeing the Recruitment process
- Management of the Internal Recruiter and HR Administrator
- Continued support and training towards the newly qualified HR Administrator
- Completing any paperwork, letters ect in relation to Head Office employees.
- Work with the Operations Management Team to provide support and advice on HR related matters
- Liaise with Payroll on pay changes and NMW changes, salary reviews, bonus payments, and any aspects of statutory payments and leave.
- Ability to manage the department budget
- Maintaining and logging the instant rewards, whilst liaising with accounts on a monthly basis
- Completing relevant letters and communication within any TUPE/Redundancy process as and when required
- Overseeing company car movement, specifically communication to the relevant departments or individuals regarding the benefit
Skills & Attributes
- Approachable, friendly, but with a robust attitude to dealing with people related issues
- Strong administrative and IT skills, highly organised
- Excellent communication and influencing skills particularly one-to-one, as well as via telephone, email and letter writing, able to effectively put forward alternative ideas or approaches
- Good general understanding of employment law, policy and process.
- Detailed and focused, with a drive for excellence in all areas of the business
A minimum of 2 years HR experience working in the hospitality, FMC or retail sector.
CIPD L5 qualified
An ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
A can-do attitude and thinking beyond the remits of the role.
Competency with basic employment law.
Strong admin and IT skills.
A good sense of humour and good mental resilience.
Able to work to deadlines and cope with work pressures
Must be available within the next 2 weeks
The Package for the role of HR Officer
The basic salary: £30,000
Hours: Monday to Thursday 9am - 5pm. Friday 9am - 3pm
12 month contract starting asap