Job Title: Full time Regional Area Receptionist (Essex/Hertfordshire Area)
Salary: c. £20,000 pa
Location: Based at Bishop’s Stortford with regular travel to Chelmsford and Stevenage (mileage paid @ 45p)
My client is looking for a full-time Regional Area Receptionist to provide reception cover at three offices in the Essex/Hertfordshire area (Bishop’s Stortford, Stevenage and Chelmsford). Whilst this role will be based in Bishop’s Stortford two days a week, the Regional Area Receptionist must be happy to drive between all three offices, and to manage their own diary. Mileage will be paid for travel to other offices from the Bishop’s Stortford office. You will arrange to be at the right office at the right time, in co-ordination with the Manager (weekly rota signed off by Group Manager). Full training will be given to the Regional Area Receptionist. You must have own transport and a full clean driving licence – this is essential for the role!
The role of the Regional Area Receptionist
- To manage time efficiently and effectively to provide cover at Reception at all three of the Essex/Hertfordshire offices.
- To ensure that time is used effectively when no holiday cover is required.
- To ensure that clients and visitors are welcomed and received in a friendly and responsive manner and that they receive a positive first impression.
- To handle complaints with courtesy and refer more serious issues to the Manager.
- To ensure timely feedback to customers as appropriate.
- To understand the month-end batching and charge sheets.
- To have a good understanding of professional social media management, and be willing to promote the Group via social media.
- To ensure that all calls are answered and announced efficiently and courteously in line with company policy and procedures.
- To ensure that incoming and out-going post, parcels and faxes are sorted/franked, that clients are alerted accordingly, and that the post sheet is filled in for recharging.
- To ensure that all services provided are appropriately logged and charged.
- To report any maintenance issues to the Manager.
- To assist with booking, administering and invoicing meeting rooms.
- To ensure that housekeeping is of the highest standard. Specifically, that the reception and meeting room areas are well maintained, kept neat, tidy and well presented at all times.
- To be aware that you will be required to travel to all three Essex/Hertfordshire locations.
- Punctuality: You should be at your post and ready to answer calls at your start time. If meetings have been booked, you may need to be present earlier or later than your usual working hours.
To be considered for the role of Regional Area Receptionist
- Experience of working as a Receptionist, in a Business or Conference Centre is desirable but not essential
- Experience of billing and charge out processes is desirable, although training will be given
- Sales & marketing experience in a business-to-business context
- Experience of dealing with bookings and cancellations
- Administration experience
- Organised and efficient in time management
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good selling skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Work well under pressure
- Excellent customer service skills
- You own transport and full clean driving licence – this is essential for the role!
The package for the Regional Area Receptionist
Salary – c. £20,000 pa
Holiday – 25 days’ + bank holidays + extra days at Christmas (option to buy or sell 5 days annual leave)
Hours – 8.30 am – 5pm or 9.00 am – 5.30pm depending on the location
£30 per month towards your phone bill
Mileage paid at 45p a mile
If you are interested in this role, please apply on line quoting reference RA12999 or call Wendy Barriball for more information.
** Please ensure your email address is on your CV **
This vacancy is being advertised by RecruitAbility Ltd. The services advertised by RecruitAbility Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.