Job Title: Events Officer
Location: Bishop’s Stortford
Term: Permanent. Full Time
A very exciting role has arisen, working as an Events Officer within the Bishop’s Stortford area. The successful candidate would be working as part of the Events team, supporting the Events Manager and the wider team to plan, administer and deliver a range of international events each year.
The role of Events Officer:
• Assist with/manage the set-up of the event registration processes
• Work with the Membership Manager to manage delegate registrations, including sending invitations, handling delegate queries, undertaking VIP and member registrations.
• Work with the Finance Team to manage queries including invoices, credit notes, discounts and cancellation charges
• Manage all changes to EuroBrake and Congress technical programmes on email, spreadsheets, on the event programmes and in the system
• Assist with production of event technical programmes for publication
• Assist with administration of review teams and session chairs (manage changes, invite reviewers and chairs, set up on system, answer queries, chase for responses, keep records)
• Prep meeting agendas in conjunction with Events Manager and take meeting minutes
• Travel with Events Manager to assist with planning meetings
• Spend a minimum of 20% of your time working with the Education Manager to provide administrative and organisational support to the Student Opportunities Programme
• Update Project Plans
• Assist with management of rooming lists and travel booking
• Assist with administration of other events and tasks
• Assist with writing copy for webpages
• To handle any other duties as defined by the Events Manager.
To be considered for the role of Events Officer:
• Track record in planning events and managing on-site logistics.
• Experience of academic events that include abstract submission and review
• Experience using an event registration system – preferably Eventsforce
• Exceptional organisational skills
• A good communicator with the ability to build relationships
• Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, with an ability to work independently and seize opportunities.
• High level of attention to detail and written skill – fluent in written and spoken English
• Computer literate and confident using MS Office software
• Positive and flexible attitude to work
• Excellent relationship management, customer service and communication skills
• Willingness to travel internationally
The Package for the role of Events Officer :
The basic salary: £25,000
Holiday: 23 days per annum plus Bank Holidays
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Please apply on line quoting reference RA12584 or call Adrienne for more information on 01279 758855
This vacancy is being advertised by RecruitAbility Ltd. The services advertised by RecruitAbility Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.