Job Title: Case Maker/Packer/Driver
Salary: c. £26,000 pa
Location: Near Stansted
RecruitAbility are looking for someone who enjoys DIY, working with their hands and a varied role to join their client’s extremely busy company on the outskirts of Stansted.
The Role of Case Maker/Packer/Driver
The Case Maker / Packer / Driver is responsible for the safe and effective production of quality wooden cases and for the packing of a variety of client products and making deliveries using company vehicles. The role is based in a production environment requiring lifting of heavy items and involves the use of power tools. Tasks include:
- Production of a variety of wooden cases and packing inserts to exact specifications using wood, ply and other materials
- Safe and efficient use of a variety of power and other tools required in the course of producing cases, these include power saws, nail guns and trolleys
- If qualified and requested to do so use a fork lift truck to load and unload goods in and out including safe and appropriate storage
- Pack client products into cases as specified to ensure safe transport and delivery
- Occasionally this packing will be done at a client’s site
- Prepare cases for collection, ensuring correct labelling, and work with others in the team to load the cases for transport
- Help with deliveries into the production area – this will include clients products requiring careful handling and raw materials such as timber
- Undertake collections and deliveries of customer goods and packing cases and materials in diverse locations as required by clients
- Complete logs and reports accurately and legally.
To be considered for the role of Case Maker/Packer/Driver
- Experienced delivery driver with a minimum of 5 years driving experience.
- A clean driving licence and CPC qualification to drive vehicles up to 7.5 T
- Experience in a production environment and the use of power tools
- Ability to accurately follow work instructions
- Energy, physical fitness and a flexible approach to work suitable for a fast-paced production environment where heavy items require lifting and moving
- Good communication skills and positive attitude to working within a team
- A strong focus on completing tasks quickly, to a high standard and seeking better ways of working
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the role
The package for the role of Case Maker/Packer/Driver
Basic salary £12.50 per hour (c. £26,000 pa)
Hours: Monday – Friday 8.00 am – 4.30 pm
20 day holiday (excluding bank holidays)
Please apply on line quoting reference RA12921 or call Wendy or Adrienne for more information on 01279 758855.
This vacancy is being advertised by RecruitAbility Ltd. The services advertised by RecruitAbility Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.